[time-nuts] Trak 8810 GPSDO manual

VK3XYZ vk3xyz at wia.org.au
Sat Apr 16 08:02:47 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I have a Trak Microwave 8810 station clock and I'm looking for the operator manual, in particular appendix E to adjust the
default DAC voltage. I tried Trak but they were not able to help too much. They sent me a manual extract for an 8812 but the
serial port commands to set the DAC don't work on the 8810. There are not too many references to the 8810 in the archives, but
I thought it worth a try to post. I suspect a jumper may need to be changed to bypass the control loop or speed it up to allow
the oven oscillator to be coarse adjusted given it doesn't accept the DAC setting serial commands of the later model.

The few mentions in the archives identify an Rb version of the 8810 so a manual with schematics would also be of interest as I
would like to upgrade it to use an Rb (hopefully there is no change needed to firmware).

Thanks
Greg