[time-nuts] OT: At the Flea

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:55:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 5:48 AM,  <aartmolsen at comcast.net> wrote:
> On CSPAN's Book TV yesterday the President of Dow Chemical stated that their *starting* salary for newly graduated chemical engineers is now $120K. That $10 chemistry set might have been a good investment.

That kids father was either really smart or stupid.  We don't know.
He could of been a chemist and read the content and made an informed
decision.  For example, "no we are not heating Mercury in an open test
tube, not in my house."  Or he could have been ignorant and had a fear
of "chemicals" not knowing what scary sounding things like "sodium
chloride" is.   If it was a 50's vintage set I'd not be surprised if
there was something really dangerous in there.  After all this was the
period when they sold hot chassis TV sets and cars with no seat belts
just to save a buck or two.
--
=====
Chris Albertson