[time-nuts] 60hz disciplined watch

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Apr 20 14:44:59 UTC 2011

In message <4DAEEFF1.80906 at sfr.fr>, cook michael writes:

>I don't buy it. Makes a nice urban myth though. Incandescent sources
>don't flicker like fluorescent sources and the Skyhawk user manual does
>not recommend charging in front of flouresecent tubes to maintain accuracy.

Not to mention that grid frequency is nowhere near as stable in the
claimed tau as a 32.768kHz xtal...

Now, if they averaged for a month, then maybe...

And before anybody claims they do:  You do realize that mains may
have the same frequency, but not the same phase from one 3-phase
transformer to the next ?