[time-nuts] Choice of Rb vendor

Murray Greenman Murray.Greenman at rakon.com
Wed Apr 20 22:02:17 UTC 2011

Joe,
If all you need is a fixed 10MHz source, you might be better getting an
Efratom LPRO-101, which are available from the same sources. The
LPRO-101 doesn't need a heatsink, and does not have the confusing array
of different versions and options that the FEI units suffer from.

As for suppliers, I have had good results with 'Fluke.1' also known as
'NBBob', and probably other aliases. He is fast and reliable on
delivery, and replaces faulty equipment without argument. I have no
experience with any other suppliers.

Most of these suppliers seem to have little knowledge of what they are
selling, so don't trust the technical details given without checking
them yourself.

73,
Murray ZL1BPU