[time-nuts] Housing LPRO and Thunderbolt together

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Apr 22 18:59:50 UTC 2011

Having over years looked down at Thunderbolt using GPS/Shera/Rb's and
Cesium Standards I finally broke down and bought a Tbolt when there where some
available for a day for $75. Decided at that price I can not go wrong. Now
my  counters, Spectrum Analyzer and all Sig. Generators are fed by the Tbolt.
I even  use the 1PPS in some applications as a GPS replacement.
There have been recent discussions of using a fan to keep constant
temperature, something I highly recommend. Make it a stand alone unit with 1 PPS
and 10MHz distribution front and back. With out kilo buck investment this
will be the best. 14 NMH AA cells will make a nice simple backup unless you
want to use switchers combined with linear regulators.
Now you can play with the LPRO, again I would use a small fan.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 4/22/2011 11:48:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,