[time-nuts] Austron GPS antennas

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 15:44:49 UTC 2011

A comment.
Indeed the odetics gpsstart down converter can also be made to work with the
austrons.
In the odetics case the 10 mc austron is multiplied to 40 mc that drives the
down converter and you get 75.42 out for the austron.
This is the way I was able to get my 2201a working.
Fleamarket special at $5. But no down converter.

So the rcvrs can be made operational again. Though some may have old enough
software that the rollovers an issue.
Though by manually telling it what sats to look at to start it still seems
to work after its acquired a sat and downloaded the almanac.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL