[time-nuts] Austron GPS antennas

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 19:26:19 UTC 2011

Very interesting on the zarlink any idea what hackable GPS rcvr that might
be?

To confirm it the odetics GPStar is 35.42.
I mix that with 10 MC ref from the austron X 4 mult to 40 MC. Result 75.42
needed for the austron.
This minimized hacking within the austron. Granted I could have also built a
filter set to separate the single coax but it was far simpler to tap off the
IF by a seperate rg 174 cable and keep the signals separate. At the time I
had no idea that all of it would work. This was about 6 months ago. So
filter sets were not of interest.
Though I have not proved it I may suspect that the arrangement might let the
odetics work simultaneously while using the austrons stabilized reference.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL