[time-nuts] X72 Rb units, any experience ?

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 15:53:08 UTC 2011

I'm using an X72 for the timebase in one of my Philips 6680 counters
and it works great for that. For trimming I have a 30 turn pot accessable
on the front where the optional C input would be so I don't have to turn
the counter around to make adjustments. The X72 is powered 24/7 so
I don't have to deal with warm-up issues. I tested it by using the counter's
math function to display the difference between the timebase and the
10Mhz output from my Thunderbolt at 100 seconds to 5 decimal places
and it appears to be quite stable. The LPRO may work better but size
and power requirements were factors with the instrument I was putting
this into.