[time-nuts] GPSDO + X72...??

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Aug 23 16:15:14 UTC 2011

Hi

The lock input on the X72 appears to be intended for the "I need to put it
on frequency" stuff rather than doing a GPSDO. It's got a pretty coarse step
size for a GPSDO and the filtering tweaks aren't as extensive as you would
like.

For a Nixie clock, there's no need for the GPS if you have an Rb. If the
clock ticks off seconds, you won't see anything for a very long time. If
it's as good as some I've seen, most of a century isn't out of the question.
The tubes, power supply, and the Rb it's self will probably only run for 20
years. Of course with the GPS, there's no need for the Rb...

For the sake of completeness I assume the Rb version will have a leap second
button on it.

Bob