[time-nuts] Question for any HP105 owners

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Tue Aug 30 17:43:09 UTC 2011

To expand upon my original email, the averging time was one second when I used the HP 5370B, .8 of a second when I used the Tek Scope as a time interval counter.

I've also collected data with averging times as low as .1 of a second using the 5370B.   When looking at the results for tau of 100 seconds or more the results are more or less the same for me.

For tau of less than 100 seconds it appears the relative merits of the two instruments, combined with shorter averging times can change the resuls some what and I don't have as much confidence in the results at lower tau.