[time-nuts] Question for any HP105 owners HP5370 Settings

Paul A. Cianciolo paulc at snet.net
Tue Aug 30 18:39:03 UTC 2011

John,
Here is how I am set up currently with the HP 5370B,
I didn't understand the triggering comments you made preciously

1) Under    Function
 The counter is in the "TI" mode

2) Under statistics  mode
The counter is in the "Mean" mode

3) Under Sample Size
 Number "1" is selected

4) Under arming
The "+TI" button is selected.

5) Under display rate.
Fully clockwise  the display nor the GPIB interface will update if this is
in the "hold" position

6) Inputs section
All three pots are in the "preset" position.
 10 MHz Z3801A Reference is connected to "Start"    DUT is connected to
"Stop
Start Stop inputs are "positive slope"  and each is "50 Ohms" Termination
Both input switches are in the "divide by 1 " position.
 External BNC has no input.

External reference drive, in the back = the Z3801A

LED displays " 53.20  with the. 20 changing  N secs"
Remote led lit
"Talk"  in the GPIB area is lit.

Thank You for any help.

Paul A. Cianciolo
W1VLF
http://www.rescueelectronics.com/

"Time is relative"  Abert Einstien circa 1950
"Relatives use up all my time"  Lisa Cianciolo circa 1983