[time-nuts] Heated crystal? & Rb tube corrosion (FE-5680A)

Kasper Pedersen time-nuts at kasperkp.dk
Thu Dec 1 19:12:26 UTC 2011

On 12/01/2011 11:18 AM, Attila Kinali wrote:

> Other than that one spot, i have to say that the whole device looks
> like new. No dirt, no corrosion where you'd expect it. Even the solder
> joints look like new.

And I did not attempt to clean anything before I took the pictures, either.

The only dirt was a grey tint above and below the oven, where the
convection had deposited all non-gaseous dirt. I have a few of these,
two of which have appear to have actual corrosion (rust red spots) on
the outside, but are just as clean inside. I wonder what that does to
the magnetic properties to the case.

Posting to nuts is dangerous:-)
So far the page has had 243 non-bot visitors, 20 people downloaded all
the full resolution images, and it cost me 10GB this week. An impressive
figure considering the topic.

/Kasper Pedersen