[time-nuts] Heated crystal? & Rb tube corrosion (FE-5680A)

Steve . iteration69 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 20:46:17 UTC 2011

Are there any other (mosfet)heaters on the oven cavity? Seems that heating
from one point is going to create a large temperature gradient which would
probably effect spatial phase congruency. I believe this problem exists on
the two mosfet configuration as well. Anyway, my idea is to remove the
mosfet heaters, wrap my own heater using light gauge nichrome  (aka, fuse
wire), mica insulator and build a proper heater/oven assembly. Finally, pot
it all together with some sauereisen ceramic cement.  Nice, clean,
controlled gradient.

Maybe I'm over thinking the whole thing too. I guess I'll find out when I
start my experimenting.

Steve