[time-nuts] Help with TCXO

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Tue Dec 6 15:25:23 UTC 2011

Yes, with an analog interpolator you can. Without an analog interpolator
and without using the vernier delay line (and other tricks like that), the
FPGA can only get to nS resolution so far (for example, in a Spartan3 or
equivalent). To implement a vernier delay line you need also to control the
logic translator and the technology fitter and know by heart your logic
chip. Maybe one day they pop up with a time-nut FPGA compiler that is aware
of intentionally-placed delay lines and stuff like this.