[time-nuts] High end OCXO alternatives (or maybe an high perfRb ?)

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Dec 8 16:57:09 UTC 2011

Hi

A device that's known to be at a legitimate < 5x10^-13 at 100 seconds, will
cost you some money. That's true what ever it is. If it's an OCXO it's also
likely that it will perform at that level at 1 and 10 seconds. An Rb likely
will degrade a bit at the shorter Tau's. An OCXO's stability should degrade
at the longer Tau's, the Rb's should get better out to at least 10,000
seconds.

You can indeed get lucky and find the one in a hundred part. Often this is
done by getting a hundred parts, and then powering them up for a couple of
months. Test them all for short term and keep the best. Sell the "junk" and
move on..

Bob