[time-nuts] gravity controlled pendulumn clock?

Reeves Paul Paul.Reeves at uk.thalesgroup.com
Tue Dec 13 14:37:44 UTC 2011

...and just what is 'less accurate' about pounds, feet, cubic yards etc?
The metric system (I use the term loosely) is ideal for those people who
cannot do mental arithmetic and can only shift decimal points. All
'imperial' measurements can be defined just as the metre, kilogramme (and
there is a dodgy one...)can be.
Remember that the metre is originally based on (very) inaccurate French
surveying techniques, a yard would do just as well. As a (somewhat
middle-aged) physicist I'm perfectly happy with either system - although the
imperial system is obviously better :-)  . Just look what happened when NASA
tried to use metric measurements for that Mars probe......
And does it really matter anyway?

Paul Reeves,   G8GJA