[time-nuts] Software for Tektronix FCA3100 Counter -- AKA Pendulum CNT91

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 14 09:44:53 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 01:13 AM, GandalfG8 at aol.com wrote:
> Earlier this year I got a very good deal on an as new Tektronix  FCA3100
> Timer/Counter/Analyzer, which turned out to be  a rebadged Pendulum CNT91.
>
> Pendulum offers what looks to be some very nice software for this  unit,
> what it calls its TimeView Modulation Domain Analyzer, but Tektronix have
> quoted me a price for that in excess of what I paid for the counter  itself.
>
> Does anybody know of any similar software that can be used with these
> counters, ideally free:-), but at the very least a lot cheaper than  the 600 or
> 700 GBP I was quoted by Tektronix?

TimeLab should be able to work with it as the CNT91 supports TalkOnly
(and TimeLab only supports TalkOnly counters for generic types). I can't
use my CNT90 with TimeLab, as it doesn't have TalkOnly mode unfortunately.

Tektronix and Fluke re-badged them. Spectracom bought Pendulum and in
the end they closed the Stockholm office and the Pendulum design-team
dispersed.

Cheers,
Magnus