[time-nuts] Ebay FE-5680A Rb

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Wed Dec 14 22:06:49 UTC 2011

I'm begin getting curious... having already received that OCXO, and with
a 2nd unit arriving... I've googled the frequency and there are about a
zillion cristals and oscillators for that frequency from a ton of
different manufacturers, and seems that the frequency is patented: US
patent 6282184 (well, I suppose that not exactly the frequency is what
it is patented, but...):

" The digitizing rate of the A-D converter 41 preferably set for this
example to 63.8976 MHz is carefully selected, as described in detail
below, to eliminate the need for additional expensive and complex signal
filtering and shielding that would otherwise be required in the RX
channelizer banks 7, 8, 9 for simultaneously processing the digitized
signal received by the A-D converter 41 at the common digitizing rate
based on their respective CDMA, TDMA and GSM requirements "

So... this seems to be the magic about this frequency (and the reason
that these sellers has enough of them for sameless give them away)

Regards,

Javier