[time-nuts] Why these Crystal Frequencies?

Peter Bell bell.peter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 04:17:03 UTC 2011

11.0592MHz is another crystal used for accurate baud rates -
especially on MCUs that had a 12MHz maximum clock (like the Intel
8051)
So is 9.8304MHz - used on a number of Mototola (now Freescale) MCUs
17.734475 is 4 times the PAL color burst frequency of 4.433619MHz

I'll see if I can think of anything else.

Regards,

Pete