[time-nuts] "The GPS navigation is the weakest point,"

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 01:32:01 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 4:23 PM, gary <lists at lazygranch.com> wrote:
> It is composite, not metal.
>
> If you know what you are doing, composites are extremely tough. I don't know
> if graphite is kosher on a stealth plane. I have to assume it is S-2 glass
> or similar nonconductive composites. But if graphite were allowed, you would
> be amazed at how much abuse it could take.

I used to build white water kayaks.   We used some plain old e-glass
and some kevlar, carbon and s-glass.   Yes it can be tough.  Once we
rolled a Ford Bronco with boats tied to the roof rack.   Did OK but we
where lucky to not have any of the lighter racing boats.

But still, running out of fuel?  There would have been little bits of
airplane all over a hundred feet or more.    I can't see how it could
survive an impact with the ground so well.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California