[time-nuts] how good an oscillator do you need for a GPS simulator

Peter Bell bell.peter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 04:32:36 UTC 2011

Maybe they used a Cs standard for the original experimental units, but
the first commercial Transit unit I saw (Magnavox MX700?) just had a
big OCXO in it - it was also all controlled by a HP2100 computer and
output the fix data onto a teletype.

The MX1102/1107 (which were pretty much standard equipment on big
ships for years) used a rather smaller OCXO, and the MX4102 used a
high-grade TCXO.

Regards,

Pete