[time-nuts] Distance between GPS Antenni

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Dec 18 15:21:37 UTC 2011

> Just curious, If I place  a pair of high gain active antenna next to
> each other, will they interfere with each other? If so what is the
> minimum distance apart?

As a rule of thumb, Mark, I would suggest "several wavelengths", say 1
metre, although quite how concepts such as capture area apply to active
antennas I am not sure.  If the gain of the patch is not high, implying a
small capture area, perhaps 1-2 wavelengths might be fine.  This is
assuming there is no electrical interference between the devices (and I
don't see why there should be).

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu