[time-nuts] Distance between GPS Antenni

Philip Pemberton lists at philpem.me.uk
Sun Dec 18 18:48:43 UTC 2011

On 18/12/11 16:44, lists at lazygranch.com wrote:
> I did manage to see the
> actual GPS signal on the spectrum analyzer with the amplified
> antenna. But like I said, I never sniffed an local oscillator
> leakage.

I doubt you would -- the level of LO -> RF leakage in the mixer should
be pretty minimal, and the MMIC amplifiers used in most active GPS
antennas are (as I understand it) essentially a "one way path" for RF.
The RF BPF will probably do a very good job of killing LO leakage, too.

If tracking down an unlicensed TV using LO leakage is "hard", then
tracking down a GPS receiver would probably be like trying to find a
bone needle in a field of haystacks.

--
Phil.
lists at philpem.me.uk