[time-nuts] Slightly OT -- Terminal Strip Covers?

Steve . iteration69 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 01:54:31 UTC 2011

When terminal strips don't have snap on safety guards I remove half the
mounting screws and replace with nylon standoffs, (most strips i use have
four screw mounts, keep two metals screws for mechanical stability, the
other two are nylon stand off.. Obviously you want a metal screw on either
side, just as with the nylon standoffs)

Then i cut a piece of plexiglass to length and width then fasten above the
screw terminals.

I prefer this method over the snap on covers but if a strip already has the
cover I'm probably not going to run the extra mile and make my own.

Steve