[time-nuts] FE-5680A Results so far

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 23:53:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Said Jackson <saidjack at aol.com> wrote:

> Good enough as a portable frequency counter reference, as the offset can be compensated, and the output is fairly stable...
>
> These units could really use gps disciplining and a crystal post filter.
>
> Great stuff for $40, new they must have been over $1000.

I had actually thought about a crystal latice filter  I think I can
find three 10MHz crystals and put them in series.     The trouble is
I'm not sure what problem the filter might introduce and I don't have
a way to measure the filter's performance

I'm thinking of adding an RF amplifier using just one 2n5109 and an LC filter.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California