[time-nuts] From GPS World - Lightsquared has been given thegoahead

clayj at nwlink.com clayj at nwlink.com
Thu Feb 3 22:14:19 UTC 2011

This is not the first time the FCC "politicians" have ignored their own
technical staff.  A while back there was the same sort of flap around BPL
(Broadband Internet over Power Lines) - after several years of "trials"
and lots of taxpayer money wasted, it's basically been declared a
"non-starter".

So - I wrote my Legislators and asked them to look into this.   Patty
Murray's (Sen D-WA) office responded with a query to the FCC, asking them
to respond to me.  I'm certain that my other Senator will do the same
thing, as will my CongressCritter (well, maybe not, he's not as responsive
on this stuff) - in any case, if we get folks from all 50 states (or even
half) to do the same thing, the FCC will be inundated with "Legislative
Requests" on this, which will at least annoy the heck out of them and MAY
cause them to either review this decision or at least THINK before they do
it again.

Clay
Amateur Radio N7QNM