[time-nuts] FE-5680A RFS question....

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Fri Feb 4 18:29:02 UTC 2011

On 2/4/2011 8:36 AM, Bud Patten wrote:
> I recently purchased an FE-5680A 10 MHz RFS from China and it came with a label attached indicating the pinout of the DB9 connector as pin 1: +15V, pin 2: GND, pin 3: +5V, pin 7: RF Out.   From what I can determine from Googling the manual, pin 3 is more likely a lock detect output.  I have no idea which option it is.  There is no SMA connector adjacent to the DB9 but all pins on the DB9 have wires attached.   The part number on the label is 217400-30352-1.  I have yet to fire it up.
>
> Any thoughts you guys might have will be appreciated.
>
> Bud
> W0LCP
It doesn't sound right, but as Bob said, there are many variations of
5680A. Most only need 15 V. I had one some years back that needed 15V
and 5V to work but this was the pin-out:
1   +15V  near 2A initially, dropping to about .8A warm
2   gnd
3   lock  high = unlock
4   +5V   about 160 mA
5   gnd
6   1 pps out
7   10 MHz out
8   RS-232 Rx  (into rubidium)
9   RS-232 Tx  (from rubidium)

On that one, I was never able to get it to respond to anything on the
RS-232 port.