[time-nuts] FE-5680A

Murray Greenman Murray.Greenman at rakon.com
Sun Feb 6 17:57:44 UTC 2011

Bud,
I have a couple of these units going nicely, but I agree with Bob, you
are best to sort the pinouts for yourself since they vary.

Take the lid off (it's fairly simple, screws on the base, on the side
and by the connector) and identify the 5V regulator input, then use an
Ohmmeter to find where the power comes in. It's likely that the unit is
+15V (single supply) powered, and I agree, there should not be a 5V
input required on the 5680A. If the power connector is DB9, then almost
certainly +15V will be pin 1 and ground (15V return) pin 2. You need
nothing else to try it out.

Once you have power applied and it's running, you should be able to
identify the other pins. The one of most interest is the lock indicator,
which is open collector and will operate a LED.

If you have the version with the DDS synthesizer, see
http://www.qsl.net/zl1bpu/PROJ/Ruby.htm for info on adapting it to give
improved frequency response and computer control.

73,
Murray ZL1BPU