[time-nuts] HP 5370A temp

gonzo . cadbloke at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 7 16:28:11 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I just picked up an irresistibly cheap 5370A (so cheap I didn't ask if it worked).
So far it checks out ok, but I have some questions for those of you more familiar with this model.

1) The back panel heatsink (4x TO3) is sitting on 76°C  (168°F).
- is this normal?

2) Several resistors and diodes on the A6 Power Supply Controller show sign of excessive heat (specifically: CR1, R1 & R23).
All the A6 voltage rails are within 0.2V.
- Is this a normal sign of age or should I be looking for something that's NQR?

Judging by the stickers, it's probably spent it's entire life with the side panels on the wrong sides.This may help explain the overheated components.

cheers,
ian