[time-nuts] Thunderbolt behaviour with long time constants.

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Thu Feb 10 03:43:32 UTC 2011

Thanks for the comments.    I did a quick check of the noise floor of the 5370b while feeding the 10 mhz output of the tbolt to the start and stop inputs of the 5370b with a t connector. At a tau of 10 (approx 2.5 seconds) the Allan deviation is 1x10-11, at a tau of 100 (approx 25 seconds) it is 1 x 10-12.   Optimizing the trigger settings might lower this some what but I used the same settings as before.   I was not aware you need an instrument with a noise floor a couple of decades below the signals you are trying to measure.
Sent from my iPad

On 2011-02-09, at 9:19 AM, "WarrenS" <warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com> wrote