[time-nuts] FCC crackdown on GPS jammers

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:50:37 UTC 2011

I have a GPS jammer I got from China a while back. I would never jam
anyone's GPS. I just got it to play with my own GPS receivers with. It
is a simple sweeper and it devastates my Z3801 but my Garmin Nuvi is
totally immune. So, anyone buying one of these hoping to keep from
being tracked needs to test it before putting anything of value on the
line. I had thought of building a very small one to jam the gps in my
cellphone so AT&T couldn't tell where I was. But, I believe they use a
time difference of arrival system. Verizon, on the other hand does use
an embedded GPS for E911 purposes.