[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Supply

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 01:54:42 UTC 2011

I use a 16 Volt Laptop power supply followed by Low Noise LT1764A linear
regulator for +12 and a 7805  for the logic. If you want to splurge use a
LT1764A also for the +5.. To generate the -12V a Microchip TC962  followed by
a 79L12 does a nice job. The +5 and -12 are not that critical.  That is a
reliable and good low noise supply. I personally have added eight NMH  cells
for backup and that adds extra circuits but I first started with the basic
circuit mentioned above.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 2/10/2011 8:23:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,