[time-nuts] HP 5370A temp

gonzo . cadbloke at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:12:19 UTC 2011

Hi Rick,
if you happen to be state-side, I imagine 120V fans are pretty common.
However, if you live somewhere where they 'don't do things by halves', low voltage AC fans are hard to come by!
Any bling PC shop can supply a range of quiet DC fans, so it comes down to practicalities.

Brushless DC motors use a multi-kHz inverter which produces a much more efficient motor than running it at 50/60Hz.
(you'll find a lot of 110VAC 400Hz used in aircraft for the same reason).

ian