[time-nuts] SRS PRS10 problem

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 18:53:06 UTC 2011

Hello all

My SRS PRS10 ( http://www.thinksrs.com/products/PRS10.htm ) Rubidum
frequency standard was power cycled a few days ago, since then it has
not achived rubidium lock.
I have tried a full rest and also further power cycles with no joy.

The SRS RS232 application reports the following parameters that 'look
wrong'
ad3 (lamp drain ) 2.001
sd2 (fet voltage set ) 255

ad3 at 2 (Lamp drain volatge 20V) would appear to correspond with the Rb
lamp discharge not beginning

this unit is of course out of guarantee and came to me via Ebay about 5
years ago, is anyone on list familiar with troubleshooting these units
who Might have some general ideas of how best to proceed with repairing
the unit

--
73
Brendan EI6IZ