[time-nuts] Tool Needed to Access my Timer Battery

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Feb 15 21:21:04 UTC 2011

Reasonable is a matter of opinion.  Rolex charges more than $500 for
servicing one of their Oyster Perpetuals.  The Oysterquartz is a much
simpler watch.. (being all electronic), and should be less, but I'd
bet it isn't.

Also, be very sure that your watch is really a Rolex, with a real Rolex
movement, and that you really own it.  If it is a fake, you will never
see it again.  Likewise if it was ever stolen in the past.  If some
earlier watchmaker stole your Rolex movement, and substituted an ebauche
movement (they do that all the time), you will be charged for a service,
and a new Rolex movement.

-Chuck Harris