[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Supply - Final word

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 14:40:26 UTC 2011

Precisely because most of us do not have access to much fancy test equipment (I am one of the lucky ones), there is no excuse for not using freely available, quality tools (assuming that you have a computer) like LT Spice.

Of course, you have to be careful as the quality of the output from any simulation software will only be as good as the inputs you feed into it. However, used appropriately, it will save you hours on the bench, and avoid the pain and embarrassment of building something that may have a major flaw.

Also, it allows you to verify that your circuit will work under conditions that may be difficult to experimentally create (such as aging, component tolerances and temperature).

So when Bruce offers his advice based on Spice simulations, I pay attention.

Didier KO4BB