[time-nuts] NIST Down?

Ziggy ziggy9 at pumpkinbrook.com
Fri Feb 18 21:20:49 UTC 2011

Although this does not seem to be today's problem, there have been DNS problems with .gov domains recently. Signed .gov domains are not validating correctly with DNSSEC and some ISPs DNS setup are more strict than others preventing lookups from completing. For example, weather.gov and noaa.gov  were unreachable by Comcast customers for some days. Just something to watch for.

By poking around a few minutes ago I was able to get to one of the NIST web servers and got this: " We're sorry, but this site is undergoing maintenance. It will be returned to service soon.". So I guess they're working some issues...