[time-nuts] Rom Expansion for HP5370B

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Mon Feb 21 19:22:43 UTC 2011

>> That is true, the SAM7X... are very nice. ... The bad thing is that they have Ethernet but no phy, so an external phy must be used.
>> In that respect, for an application using Ethernet I would use a Luminary, that has both MAC&  PHY on-chip and only needs the magnetic ...
>> Regards,
>>
>> Javier
>
> I didn't know the Luminary parts had a phy. Nice.
> Except for development boards ($100) the chips ($10) seem to be unobtainium at the moment. Although that will change.
>
> John

Yes, the most interesting ones seems so. I also hope that this will
change... I expect to use them shortly :) A lot of them are readily
available, particularly the LM3S8962 with Ethernet but no USB. But the
nicer ones, LM3S9B92 and LM3S9B96, seems are not so.

I've played around a bit with (less than I would like) with the LM3S9B92
and the LM3S8962, and seems quite good, but not yet used them in a real
design.

BTW the LQFP-100 are not very hard to get hand-soldered, once you get
used to :)

Regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero                            EMAIL: jherrero at hvsistemas.com
Chief Technology Officer
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17                         FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com