[time-nuts] Z3815A Comm timeout

cook michael michael.cook at sfr.fr
Tue Feb 22 06:29:47 UTC 2011

Le 22/02/2011 05:13, Hirokazu Makishima a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I got my hands on a Z3815A(with hockey puck)
> and trying to communicate with it.
>
> It seems that Z38XX and gpscon work ok at first,
> then looses connection in about 30min.(error receiver timeout)
> If I reestablish connection, it works fine, but in another
> half an hour, it looses connection again.
>
> I tried switching off full duplex and TOD, no luck.
>
> can someone have any answers to this kind of problem?

I unfortunately do not have a Z3815A, I only use Z38XX with a Z3801A.
The guys on the list are very helpfull so I suspect that if you have not
had a response it is due to the fact that the symptom is not
recognised,  Note that on the K8CU page , Z3815A is not in the list of
supported receivers. Have you just tried using a terminal program to
connect to the box to see if that also times out at 30mins. If so I
suspect that  the receiver RS232 may be at fault.