[time-nuts] was there ever a "conclusion" on distribution amps ?

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Wed Feb 23 23:54:20 UTC 2011

> From: Pete Lancashire <pete at petelancashire.com>
> Subject: [time-nuts] was there ever a "conclusion" on distribution amps ?
>
> I will soon have my 11 th piece of equipment that I want to feed 10
> MHz (and some oldies 5 and 1).
>
> What is the current though on making one's own distribution box ?
>
> -pete
>

> ------------------------------

Pete,
I started the thread because I'm finally getting my garage/shop completed
and populated.  I settled on a couple of Extron ADA3 RGB video distribution
amps (I found two units Ebay for a grand total of $40 including shipping).
I've hooked them between a TBolt GPS and my HP 5328A and HP 5334A counters,
Montronics (Fluke) 103A Freq Comparator, and some other misc stuff.
Monitoring the signal level and quality with a scope, I can't tell the
difference between the outputs and the input.  I don't have a spectrum
analyzer (yet) to see the real picture, but it's working pretty well for me.
The noise is below my ability to measure for now, but I hope to be geared up
for that in the summertime.
You can read more info on the ADA3 at Didier's site at
http://www.ko4bb.com/ham_radio/Extron_3_80/.  That's where I got the impetus
for using an Extron DA.

David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net