[time-nuts] was there ever a "conclusion" on distribution amps ?

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Thu Feb 24 04:11:45 UTC 2011

Having done some early prototype testing on this upcoming amplifier (no
financial involvement) I'll suggest that it may be worth waiting for.  The
isolation at 10 MHz is better than 90 dB, the PN floor is better than -170
dBc/Hz, and the cost will -- as usual for TAPR -- be much less than what
other vendors charge for similar specs.

It's also easy to adjust the gain on these amp modules.  They are meant for
both distribution and single-channel isolation amp service, as John says.
This is a potential advantage versus standalone splitters, which have a very
limited fanout due to loss, and random video amps, which may have too much
or too little gain to make up for the loss in the splitter.

-- john, KE5FX