[time-nuts] PN sequence generation using GPS

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Feb 25 18:55:03 UTC 2011

Of course.  A simple field strength meter comes to mind.  But how
are you going to know that you want to stand at my mailbox and look?

And with a direct sequence system, the power is going to be smeared so
thin over a wide band that you really won't have anything to see, other
than a bulk reading of power in my vicinity.  I'm already doing that with
the switching supplies, compact fluorescent lamps, ordinary fluorescent
lamps, cell phones, wireless routers, microwave ovens, ...  It's a literal
RF sewer over here!

-Chuck Harris