[time-nuts] how to open a Trimble mushroom ?

Oz-in-DFW lists at ozindfw.net
Sun Jan 2 15:04:31 UTC 2011

I've opened similar packages (Motorola PVT-6 antennas) up with
compressed air.

                      YOU NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU DO THIS

The plastic can shatter and fire off a million splinters.  Probably into
you.  I wrapped the object of my attention in heavy canvas rolled up to
form a rough tube (to guide and baffle the pressure wave front) and wore
a shop apron and face sheild.  I used a rubber tip blow gun to (slowly!)
pressurize the package and it popped. 120 psi across a 6" diameter
package is a couple of tons of force.  It should separate. ;-)