[time-nuts] LCD display connector

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Tue Jan 4 06:46:14 UTC 2011

OK. as they say, your mileage may vary. I just buy the real thing. It's
cheap enough and works great. The price is still $7 for 32 oz at Frys.
I'm not going to clean expensive optics with the drug store stuff.  But
feel free to use the drugstore stuff on your own gear if you want.

I have this feeling if I ask the Walgreens pharmacist for the official
ingredients list of their off the shelf rubbing alcohol I won't get very
far. But it is an interesting experiment. Or do you mean MDS?

I do have some of the junk isopropyl handy. I use for cleaning auto
parts and the camp stove. It says isopropyl alcohol anhydrous usp not
less than 99%. No indication what the other 1% is.

Regarding denatured, you will find the 70% isopropyl is listed at the
drug store as denatured. I have none of that in the house so I can't
produce the label contents. I simply don't buy that stuff.