[time-nuts] CS reservoir depletion

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 12 00:15:36 UTC 2011

On 12/01/11 01:06, scmcgrath at gmail.com wrote:
> Now that we are discussing how to restore Rb lamps.
>
>   Has anyone given any thought to refilling or refluxing the Cs in depleted Cs tubes?

As it has been pointed out before, the failure of a tube may be from any
number of issues, including the failure of the ionizer of the
masspectrometer for instance. Restoring a tube may require cleaning or
replacement several parts. Another failure may be the ion-pump.

Regardless it may take some effort to clean things up.

It's in the arcives if you search for it.

Cheers,
Magnus