[time-nuts] Lady Heather V2.00

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 18 00:37:43 UTC 2011

On 01/18/2011 01:23 AM, Magnus Danielson wrote:
> On 01/18/2011 12:24 AM, Mark Sims wrote:
>>
>> You don't... that feature is in 3.0 under the S)urvey A)ntenna menu
>>
>> -------------------
>> How do I start the "Signal strength vs az/al" display?
>
> Thanks. The pieces of manuals I've seen are key-stroke indexed, which
> makes it a bit difficult to find at times.
>
> I'll play around with the Survey Antenna another night.
>
> My far from optimum antenna location (I tossed one in the window as I
> didn't get up on the rough before snow came) makes it close to
> impossible to do long-term surveys as it seems that the time and
> frequency drifts away and tracking properties with it.
>
> It is actually due to this faaaar from optimum location that it would be
> fun to see just how the power-view looks. It is hard to get a good idea
> just by look at it every now and then.
>
> Can the signal strength plot build-up run while being in normal tracking
> mode?

Come to think of it... it would be fun to see if there is a time-error
correlation on location on sky. It would help to indicate multi-path
errors and possibly be instructive to identify and mitigate multi-path
sources. Could potentially also show the difference of antenna
multi-path handling capabilities.

Cheers,
Magnus