[time-nuts] Lady Heather V2.00

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 01:39:47 UTC 2011

Yes,  the signal/antenna plot data is always being collected and does not interfere with the program operation.  You can clear the data and start collecting again from scratch.  You get a pretty good picture of your antenna after around 12 hours.  There is very little info to be gained after 48 hours.

When you exit the program the file TBOLT.SIG is written that has the signal level data .vs. az/el info if you wanted to process it externally.  (this is left over from developing the code that interpolates the limited az/el data into the polar plot... Heather can read it back in)

I placed a patch antenna on the ground about 10 feet from the 20+ foot west facing wall of my house and took data.  The signal level plot was very clear about the various obstructions.

At one time you could set a flag and get satellite prn/az/el/signal level data written to the log file...  made for huge log files...  The signal level logging code is still in the program,  but the option for enabling it has disappeared.  It would be easy to re-enable.