[time-nuts] R&S XSRM Rubidium

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:08:11 UTC 2011

Exactly my thinking they are very cheap. Well heck they are very old. I
guess thats why.
So I am really unconcerned about whats next. Its a great learning exercise
my interest and I am taking pixs as I go along. There had been pixs on the
web but the links seem broken for the FRS C.

I realized as I shut everything down last night I had not supplied power to
the rb lamp heater. Will do that. But still the rf oscillators not reliably
starting and I wouldn't think heat has an effect on that. But will sure find
out tonight.

Additionally I built a small extender cable that allows the RB assembly to
be comfortably separated from the rest of the electronics to the length of
the coax cable makes it very easy to work on everything. Used a 20 pin auget
socket cut apart and 4" of wire per connection. Its tricky because you have
to file the FM socket end down so it will fit through the shield.

The things we do for a RB flashlight.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL