[time-nuts] Silicon Labs series of oscillators...

Raj vu2zap at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 15:01:19 UTC 2011

With 2500 V ESD it is difficult to destroy this one IMHO. Any chance you inverted the chip connections?

I had problem with a Si570 and that was due to bad solder connection into those recessed places on the chip!

The only time Static discharge blew something was when a spark jumped from my finger to the volume control of a Dennon amp. One channel blew some parts, seems unconnected with the volume control!

>  Drat.  I must have destroyed the little critter during the leg soldering process.  These chips are supposed

Regards

--
Raj, VU2ZAP
Bangalore, India.