[time-nuts] counter

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 01:26:22 UTC 2011

Yes, it's still active. I've created a mailing list and google group
just for the counter project. opencounter at googlegroups.com to keep the
counter project from going out to all 800 time-nuts.

The discussion seems to want to take place here however. :) I've been
trying _not_ to be the lead of the opencounter group, but rather to
enable it. So far it doesn't seem to be working. I guess I'll spin up
another round of benevolent dictator effort and say 'Yo! Over here!'

(I got a 5370B shortly after starting the opencounter group, so my
immediate need got taken care of, but that doesn't mean we still
shouldn't build an open counter. )

An FPGA based solution sounds quite flexible and attractive. I have a
Diligent NEXSYS sitting on the bench next to the 5370b as a matter of
fact. I'm sure we could get all the speed needed out of an FPGA, but
the analog i/o might get to be the tough part. I don't know enough
however.

I think your email got eaten by the spam filter. I'll respond to that shortly.

Bob